Justin Trudeau, the newly elected Prime Minister of Canada is not just one of the youngest prime ministers in the world but also one of the coolest prime ministers EVER. He has set high standards for the politicians all across the globe.
Here are some facts about Canada’s newly elected Prime Minister that make him the coolest Prime minister in the world.
- Justin Trudeau has a cabinet of 30 which includes 15 men and 15 women. Why? “Because it’s 2015”
On being asked by a journalist the reason for a gender stable cabinet he answered “Because it’s 2015”. These days one liners are very trendy but he used 3 words to boo off the criticism from media.
- In 2012, Justin challenged the Senator in a boxing match for charity. “Beat the shit out of your opposition”.
Trudeau wanted to take part in a charity boxing match on behalf of the cancer research fundraising event Fight for the Cure, but was having difficulty finding a Conservative opponent until Conservative senator Patrick Brazeau agreed when asked. The fight on March 31, 2012 in Ottawa at the Hampton Inn was broadcast live on Sun News.
- Justin has a tattoo on his left bicep. Maybe the first inked PM.
Trudeau has a large Earth inside a Haida raven tattoo on his left arm. The tattoo is based on a design by Robert Davidson, a Haida artist whose grandmother ceremonially adopted Justin’s father Pierre Trudeau as an honorary member of the Haida tribe during a 1976 trip.
- Justin has starred in a movie named “The Great War”. Yes, an Actor.
He starred in the 2007 film “The Great War,” about Canada’s involvement in World War I, playing a war hero named Talbot Papineau who died at the Battle of Passchendaele.
- In 1972, U.S. President Nixon said, “I’d like to toast the future prime minister of Canada, to Justin Pierre Trudeau”. A Co-Incidence??
On April 14, 1972, Trudeau’s father and mother hosted a gala at the National Arts Centre where visiting U.S. President Richard M. Nixon said, “I’d like to toast the future prime minister of Canada, to Justin Pierre Trudeau” to which Pierre Elliott Trudeau responded that should his son ever assume the role, he hoped he would have “the grace and skill of the President”.
- In 2011 Justin did a partial striptease to raise money for charity. Girls and Gays can watch it on Youtube.
Trudeau raised $1,900 (around $1,500 U.S.) while performing a partial striptease at a charity event in 2011. He stripped to his white tank top in front of a whooping audience at the What a Girl Wants gala in aid of research into liver disease.
- He gained a high public profile in October 2000, when he delivered a eulogy at his father’s state funeral.
The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) received numerous calls to rebroadcast the speech after its initial transmission. A book issued by the CBC in 2003 included the speech in its list of significant Canadian events from the past fifty years.
- He is son of Canada’s former Prime Minister late Pierre Trudeau. “Born with a silver spoon”
Trudeau’s father, Pierre Trudeau, remains one of Canada’s most recognizable figures in politics. He swept to power on a wave of so-called “Trudeaumania” in 1968, drawing comparisons with U.S. President John F. Kennedy, and governed for 16 years until 1984.
- He publicly declared that he has consumed cannabis. ‘High’ly Cool.
In an interview in August 2013, Trudeau said that the last time he had used marijuana was in 2010, after he had become a Member of Parliament: “We had a few good friends over for a dinner party, our kids were at their grandmother’s for the night, and one of our friends lit a joint and passed it around. I had a puff.”
- Justin does Bhangra. Beware Punjabis. You have some serious competition.
A YouTube video, released on October 20, shows the 43-year-old grooving to the Punjabi song at an India-Canada Association of Montreal event. Dragged onto the floor by one of the participating women, Mr Trudeau proved himself an ace dancer, adapting to the steps quickly and then dancing away with abandon.
- Justin gave up his seat at the death of Nelson Mandela. Instead of Clicking a Selfie.
In 2013, Justin Trudeau chose to give up his seat at the funeral of Nelson Mandela, in deference to Irwin Cotler as representative of the Liberal Party of Canada, because of Cotler’s work for and with Nelson Mandela in fighting apartheid.
- In 2013, Justin donated all his assets to a Blind Trust. And Not to a Swiss Account.
During the leadership campaign Trudeau pledged to park all his assets, exclusive of real estate holdings, into a blind trust. He fulfilled the pledge in July 2013.
These should have been 13 points actually. We surely cannot miss what he did for the Syrian refugees. We loved it Mr. Justin Trudeau! Check it out here:
Source: Wikipedia, CBC & NDTV