With romance scaling new heights everyday in today’s society, where expressing your love is much easier compared to earlier times, I personally don’t think that Bollywood is doing its bit in helping out the love-struck couples! Barring a few exceptions, there hardly are songs that can make people in love skip a heartbeat, or feel as if the song was written especially for them or even make them smile sitting in a café, lost in their own thoughts, oblivious to their surroundings or people staring.
The golden era of music, the 70s had songs that would make you want to fall in love. They would make a girl wish to meet her Prince Charming A.S.A.P so that she could be serenaded by her lover the same way the heroes wooed their ladies. The lyrics were so much more than just mere words and expressed the anxiety, the excitement, the innocence, the passion in such a convincing and beautiful manner.
In remembrance of the bygone 70s, here’s a list of my all- time favourite romantic numbers.
Browse through and you will realize that they just don’t make such songs anymore!
- Gulabi Ankhein Jo Teri Dekhi (Mohammad Rafi) – The Train 1970
- Ek Pyar Ka Nagma Hai (Lata Mangeshkar and Mukesh) – Shor 1972
- Gum Hain Kisi Ke Pyar Mein ( Lata Mangeshkar and Kishore Kumar) – Rampur Ka Lakshman 1972
- Jane Jaan Dhundhta Fir Raha (Asha Bhosle and Kishore Kumar) – Jawani Diwani 1972
- Roop Tera Mastana (Kishore Kumar) – Roop Tera Mastana 1972
- O Mere Dil Ke Chain (Kishore Kumar) – Mere Jeevan Sathi 1972
- Baahon Mein Chale Aao (Lata Mangeshkar) – Anamika 1973
- Chura Liya Hai Tumne Jo Dil Ko (Asha Bhosle and Mohammad Rafi) – Yaadon Ki Baraat 1973
- Pal Pal Dil Ke Paas(Kishore Kumar) – Blackmail 1973
- Main Shayar To Nahi (Shailendra Singh) – Bobby 1973
- Teri Bindiya Re (Lata Mangeshkar and Mohammad Rafi) – Abhimaan 1973
- Bheegi Bheegi Raaton Mein (Kishore Kumar and Lata Mangeshkar) – Ajnabee 1974
- Karvate Badalte Rahe Hum (Kishore Kumar and Lata Mangeshkar) – Aap Ki Kasam 1974
- Kabhie Kabhie (Lata Mangeshkar and Mukesh) – Kabhie Kabhie 1976